With this ring our lives will start...

Let nothing keep our love apart. I'll take your hand to hold in mine, and be together through all time.
Foster and Janov

Countdown to May 20, 2006
Our EngagementJaneth & Danny's Grand Day!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm back!....I think....

My dilemma with regards to my name is finally over...I'm sooo happy because I can start picking up where I left off...so I thought.Weird, but I feel like I have to start from the very beginning again...I'm just happy that I have you mga sis to lend your helping hands...A couple of questions kaagad ha...ganun 'no :)

First, yung "legal capacity to marry" document ba has to be acquired from the embassy in the Philippines or pede din sa "adopted"country? I am told that since h2b and I have acquired a Canadian citizenship, that we have to get this document from the Canadian embassy...The problem is time. I don't have a lot of vacation days left from work kaya going home to get this document is almost impossible for me....I'm crossing both my fingers & toes na sana I can get this from Canada na lang.

Pangalawa, can I ask anyone for ideas, pros and cons of an out-of- town (particularly Tagaytay)wedding please!!!! I've always thought of a garden reception and Manila venues were the Only option that I was open to then. My coordinator raised the subject, and it got me thinking...I'm confused!!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said…

    Hi Janeth. Ask ko lang paano mo na-solve yun problem with the name sa birth certificate?May somewhat similar problem kasi ako pero kay h2b naman. Pa-Pm naman sa moacga@yahoo.com Thanks ah!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger JanethandDanny said…

    Hi Marj, na Pm na kita... just let me know if there's anything that I can do to help...I'll keep in touch.

    Yup Alynn, I'm so excited din! I am looking forward to my philippine wedding..you know what a Canadian wedding is like...very expensive! I don't think willing akong mag-spend ng $25k on a wedding...so i'm realy happy that this seems to be working out! Thanks ha. Wait na lang me for the info...o yeah, we are also looking into having it at San Agustin/Father Blanco's. My coordinator has got nothing but great things to say of the place(s). We'll see how it goes...Thanks for keeping in touch!

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger dionne said…

    hi janeth! you mentioned na canadian citizen na kayo ni h2b mo, have you acquired dual citizenship? if not, capacity to marry is in canada dapat. if yes, both (canada & phils) yung kukunin mo. you can also check out the w@w site re legal docs. just my two cents. =)

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger JanethandDanny said…

    No. We have not acquired dual citizenship. I will do just that! I was just trying to get away from 14 hours of driving to & from the Canadian office :)...Thanks Dionne!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger chuching said…

    hi janeth! have you finalized your venue yet? are you considering tagaytay? nurture spa, sonia's garden, colossians garden, pacific heights, canyon woods and soto grande are just some of the nice places where you can have your reception. if you have some questions, since i'm a tagaytay bride myself, don't hesitate to ask :D

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger JanethandDanny said…

    thanks Grace...we are still debating about it...busy kase kaya ala kami focus sa preps sa ngayon...siguro naman magkakaroon din kami ng time for a full force planning before the wedding hehehe...

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Pia said…

    hi janeth! i blog-hopped from marj's blog. =)

    where are you going to use your legal capacity to marry? my hubby is from vancouver (and not a canadian citizen yet) and we got his freedom to marry from there, and it was accepted naman by our church (mary the queen). for our marriage license naman, we had to go to the canadian embassy to get his legal capacity to marry - it took us 2 hours lang since we had an appointment. =)

    i assume it's the same process for canadian citizens, priority naman kay sa embassy if ever.

    i agree - a wedding in canada costs A LOT compared to having one in the philippines! mas maganda pa dito! hehehe. happy preps!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger JanethandDanny said…

    Thanks for the visit Pia!

    Being a Canadian citizen, unfortunately, does not give us any advantage. Actually mas mahirap pa nga kumuha nung legal capacity to marry cuz rather than just going to an embassy, we now have to get it from the international affairs office which, in our case is at least 12 hours drive to and from. And we still have to wait for at least three weeks to receive the actual document. This is after going to a lawyer to acquire a freedom to marry affidavit and to stablish our marital status and have them authenticated.Which is a required document before they grant us an statement in-lieu of certificate of non-impediment to marriage abroad (same as legal capacity to marry, or at least this better be the same or I'll scream!)

    Iba pa to dun sa hinihingi ng church in the Philippines na freedom to marry from my parish here in Toronto. You guys did get the freedom to marry from his church right? Sa sobrang dami kase ng requirements eh nahihilo na ko....

    Yeah, pang bahay at lupa na sa pinas yung average cost ng wedding dito...sa hirap ba naman magtrabaho eh di bale na lang...I'd rather elope rather than spend that much :=)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger